These Italian donuts, better known as Bombolonis, are made with a soft yeast dough, fried, smeared with sugar and filled with nutella.
Served for breakfast, a snack or at almost any time of the day, it is a pastry delicacy to lick your fingers!
The ingredients for 10 Bombolinis are:
15 gr of fresh yeast
150 gr of normal flour
30 gr of sugar
50 gr of butter
Pinch of salt
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
Sugar to cover the donuts
Oil for frying
The process to prepare Bombolinis is:
1. Beat 2 eggs together with the melted fresh yeast.
2. Add flour, sugar, orange zest, a pinch of salt, and vanilla to the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a paddle accessory.
3. Add the beaten eggs to the flour mixture along with the butter and knead on medium speed for about 5 minutes or until the dough comes together.
4. Spread the dough on a floured surface about 1/2 inch thick, cut the donuts with a 3 "cookie cutter, and then place them on a lightly floured baking sheet. Cover with a lint-free kitchen towel and place them in a warm place for them to get up for about an hour and a half.
5. Preheat a little vegetable oil in a sturdy skillet (fill skillet halfway with oil) to 350º C, fry the donuts until golden brown on both sides, then drain on a baking sheet lined with kitchen paper.
6. When they are drained, smear them in granulated sugar.
7. Finally fill them with nutella using a pastry bag.
How to make Italian Donuts or Bombolinis
And that's all! If you liked this recipe, please share it 👇 Thank you!